Limited Bus Service Starting at 2 p.m.
Several local METRO bus routes will resume service at 2 p.m. today. Due to improved road conditions, METRO can now safely operate the following routes. Initially, the routes will not run at normal frequency and may include detours; patience is appreciated.
- 2 Bellaire
- 8 West Bellfort
- 25 Richmond
- 52 Hardy- Ley
- 54 Scott
- 63 Fondren
- 65 Bissonnet
- 67 Dairy Ashford
- 82 Westheimer
Additional local bus routes will be added into service as conditions continue to improve. All three METRORail lines are operating, but riders should expect delays.
At the City of Houston’s request, overnight METROLift assisted in moving 270 people to temporary warming centers.
METROLift service is now available for essential trips only today. Due to uncertain road conditions, it is still possible METROLift will not be able to reach certain areas to pick up patrons. Expect some delays as drivers exercise extreme caution. Customers should call 713-225-6716 to schedule trips. Requests will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
Park & Ride routes, METRO HOV/ HOT lanes and the METRO RideStores will reopen Thursday morning.
Please also note the following:
- METRO’s T.R.I.P. app will not be an accurate source of “Next Bus” arrival during times of schedule fluctuation.
- You may experience delays when calling METRO Customer Service at 713-635-4000 during this period.
- METRO advises riders to monitor local media, and the National Weather Service for weather updates.
- Current roadway conditions are available on TranStar’s Real-Time Traffic Map.
- Sharing resources with METRO to serve the area are: Harris County, City of Houston and Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) with websites providing information about safety, weather, traffic and more during emergencies.